This position is ideal for someone looking to gain exposure to quantitative “quant” trading. Waystone Capital is seeking an Intern with knowledge of the financial markets, python (or PHP) development skills, and aspiring to become a data scientist. The Intern will work on projects that provide broad exposure to quant trading and the hedge fund trade. This is an internship and an understanding of the financial markets is required.
- Assist with the build out of the firm’s back-test environment;
- Analyze large sums of back test data and run numerous linear regression models as requested by the Partner / Lead Developer;
- Working with the Partner / Lead Developer to analyze and onboard new asset to the firm’s algorithm trading platform, and thereafter optimizing the algorithm for each new asset class.
- Work with the team to explore using the algorithm with public securities.
- Finance background.
- Python or PHP coding experience is the primary requirement for this position.
- Ability to work with others including peer code review and focusing on project deadlines and goals.
- Ability to work confidently and passionately until the desired outcome is achieved.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- At times the intern will work with no guidance and will have to solve the problems on their own; the applicant must be an independent thinker.
- The internship shall be remote.
Education and Experience
- Preferably working towards a Bachelor in Finance or Business Administration.
- Experience with developing in Python and other object-oriented programming languages.
- Investment Management